Trade Union Membership

In the event that you are a member of a Trade Union they may provide funding to allow you to pursue a claim for personal injury compensation.

In such circumstances you may not be required to enter into an individual No Win No Fee agreement and the Union will usually agree to fund any legal costs and disbursements which cannot be recovered at the conclusion of the claim. They may also agree to meet the other side’s costs and expenses should the claim be unsuccessful.

Where the Union agrees to fund your personal injury claim they will instruct their own solicitors to pursue the action on your behalf. They will seek advice from the solicitors on the prospects of success and the reasonableness of any offers made during the course of the claim. As a consequence it is possible that funding could be withdrawn if the Union’s solicitors do not believe that the claim will succeed or believe that an offer in settlement is reasonable.

The solicitors will usually have a agreement with the Union to pursue all claims on a No Win No Fee basis although the agreement will usually be with the union and not you. Whether you will be required to pay a success fee at the conclusion of the claim will depend upon the funding arrangements with your Union.

You should always check with your Union to establish whether funding may be available and about the terms on which this will be offered.

At Sintons our personal injury specialists can provide detailed advice on the most appropriate way to fund your claim for compensation.

To begin a personal injury compensation claim or obtain further advice with no obligation contact Sintons 24/7.