Making a Claim for Asbestos Related Compensation
Our specialist team of asbestos solicitors appreciate just how difficult it can be to suddenly have to remember so far back in time to when you were or may have been exposed to asbestos fibres, especially at a time when you are coming to terms with a frightening diagnosis from your doctor.
We always offer to visit you in your home where you can sit in comfort while we gather all the information needed to start investigating your claim and talk you through the steps that we will take.
Of course every case is different but we will:
- Help you identify where you were exposed to asbestos fibres and who was at fault. Don’t be put off if your old employer is no longer trading or you are not 100% sure of where you were exposed to asbestos, this is not uncommon;
- Gather information to confirm your diagnosis and your work history;
- Investigate the companies that exposed you to asbestos and their ability to pay any compensation, either through their own funds if they are still trading or their insurers;
- Write to your old employers or their insurers who exposed you to asbestos fibres, setting out how they have broken the law;
- Assist you with applying for any state benefits and government lump sum award you may be entitled to receive;
- Instruct a medical expert to confirm your diagnosis and the extent of which your symptoms are a result of your asbestos illness;
- Obtain an early interim payment from the defendant to ensure you and your family are supported financially;
- Calculate the value of your compensation award; &
- Be available to discuss the progress of your case and any questions you may have.
If you or a member of your family have been diagnosed with an asbestos related illness, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to guide you through what is involved in making a claim for compensation and any benefits you may be entitled to receive.
At Sintons our personal injury specialists have a wealth of experience in pursuing compensation claims for victims suffering from asbestos related conditions. In addition, all asbestos compensation claims are pursued on a No Win No Fee basis so you can rest assured that there is no financial risk to you or your family.
To begin an asbestos injury compensation claim or obtain further advice with no obligation contact Sintons, we are available 24/7 on Freephone 0800 046 1748 or from a mobile on 0330 332 0536. Alternatively, use our callback form and we will arrange for one of our specialist asbestos solicitors to call you at a time that is convenient for you.