Environmental & Poisoning Compensation Claims
Exposure to some types of chemicals and substances in the environment can lead to serious injury. Examples include:
- Exposure to asbestos, an insulating material found in many older buildings which can cause a variety of conditions;
- Unsafe drinking water from a rural well or private supply polluted with pesticides, poisons or animal excrement;
- Lead poisoning from old paint which can lead to a variety of conditions including stomach and kidney damage;
- Legionnaires Disease and related conditions which can arise through poorly maintained air conditioning and water fed units;
- MEK poisoning (Methyl ethyl ketone) an organic solvent used throughout the paint and print industry which can affect the nervous system;
- Carbon Monoxide poisoning caused by unsafe gas appliances and which can have fatal consequences.
In the event that you have been diagnosed as suffering from environmental or other forms of poisoning you may be able to pursue a claim for personal injury compensation.
In order to pursue a successful claim it will be necessary to establish that you were negligently exposed to the substance which has been responsible for the development of your symptoms.
At Sintons our specialist personal injury lawyers we have a wealth of experience in pursuing compensation claims for conditions arising from exposure to hazardous substances.
All personal injury claims are pursued on a No Win No Fee basis so you can rest assured that there is no financial risk.