Compensation Protection

If you are concerned about someone who is unable to make decisions for themselves in relation to their property and finances or health and welfare, then we can assist you.

We understand the strain that caring for someone who lacks capacity can place you under. If the person concerned has not made a lasting power of attorney or enduring power of attorney then they may need a deputy to be appointed for them and this will involve the Court of Protection.

If you think the person concerned is still able to make a lasting power of attorney or enduring power of attorney, then our wills, trusts and probate team can assist.

If, however, a deputy is required, our specialist Court of Protection Team can assist with a wide range of issues including:

Acting as a deputy is an onerous role and often people prefer that this role is taken on by a professional. Our Court of Protection Team are regularly asked to take on the role of a professional deputy either because someone has suffered an injury as the result of an accident or where lasting powers of attorney are not in place and a person has subsequently lost capacity.

If you are already in the process of making an application to the Court of Protection to be appointed deputy and your application has been challenged or you have concerns about the suitability of a proposed deputy or there is a deputy in place whose conduct you have concerns about, our contentious court of protection team will be able to assist.

Our experienced team includes members of STEP, Solicitors for the Elderly, ACTAPS, and those recommended by the Legal 500 and Chambers.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any assistance.