Car Accident Compensation Claims
To assist with any claim for compensation you should:
- Report the accident to the police and ensure that no one leaves the scene;
- Take details of the police officers who attend the scene;
- Obtain the names and address all people involved in the accident and any witnesses;
- Obtain the make and registration number of all vehicles involved in the accident;
- Take photographs if possible of the collision;
- Take photographs of the damage to each vehicle and any damage to property;
- Keep a record of all losses and expenses that you incur and retain all receipts.
On many occasions the insurers representing the driver at fault will contact you direct and may offer to pay personal injury compensation at an early stage even if you have not submitted a claim. This will usually be when you continue to experience symptoms and before any medical reports have been obtained to identify the nature of the injury. These are known as ‘pre med offers’ and you should think very carefully before accepting any such offer without first obtaining advice from a personal injury solicitor.
At Sintons our personal injury specialists have a wealth of experience in obtaining compensation arising from car accidents and can provide full and impartial advice regarding any all aspects of your claim. In addition we are able to offer practical support to minimise any inconvenience you may suffer.
All personal injury claims are pursued on a No Win No Fee basis so you can rest assured that there is no financial risk.
To begin a personal injury compensation claim or obtain further advice with no obligation contact Sintons 24/7.