Sue is a consultant in the real estate and faith based institutions teams at Sintons. She advises on matters for churches, charities, companies, trusts, property investors, and private individuals. Sue is experienced in managing and working in teams handling substantial volumes of instructions.
Faith Based Institution Expertise:
Sintons are national panel solicitors for the Managing Trustees of the Methodist Church.
The head of the faith based institutions team, Laura Peace, is the Deputy Diocesan Registrar for the Church of England Diocese of Newcastle and the Diocese of Carlisle and Laura therefore acts for Bishops, Archdeacons, Diocese Boards and Committees, Churchwardens and PCCs and the corporate body of a Cathedral in faith based matters.
Sintons are panel solicitor for the United Reformed Church (Northern Province) Trust and also act for the Presbyterian Church, The Greek Orthodox Church and Newcastle Gurdwara.
Sue is part of the faith based institution team dealing in work for many of these bodies.
Sue’s experience includes a wide range of faith based property transactions – in particular extensive property work for the Methodist Church since 2007 including work for Church Circuit, District and Connexional Trustees. Typical transactions include:
- sale and purchases of Manses, Church Buildings and Land
- occupational leases and licences
- boundary issues
- development of sites, including site assembly, overage, options and conditional contracts
- assets of community value
- advise on sales/purchases at undervalue
- advice on sales to connected parties
- Regulatory and Charities Act compliance issues
Commercial Property Real Estate experience:
- acting for investors and owner occupiers (individual or corporate) in acquisition and disposal of commercial properties
- acting in the acquisition, funding, development, leasing and disposal of commercial properties within Retail, Office, Industrial and Leisure Sectors whether large/complex/small scale property
- acting in a wide range of property transactions for charitable organisations
- non-contentious landlord and tenant matters
- development of land including options, overage provisions, conditional contracts
- portfolio management of leasehold properties and associated issues
- acquisitions and disposals by pension funds
Sue is very strong on client service and client comments on her work reflect this:
- “On a personal note, I’m grateful for all your help and advice in connection with all that we get involved in is of inestimable help and comfort to me”
- “I have been very impressed with the work that you have done in relation to the sale”
- “Just brilliant, a huge thanks to you and your team”
- “Many thanks for steering this through, much appreciated”
- “Thank you so much. You will never know how much I have appreciated your help”
The Legal 500 2022 described the real estate team as being “excellent lawyers; dedicated, creative, problem solvers. 100% reliable.”
Key Practice Areas
- Real Estate