Sophie is a Senior Associate in our Court of Protection Department.
- Sophie studied law at Northumbria University
- After graduating, she worked as a specialist welfare benefits adviser before moving to London where she completed her training contract
- She qualified as a Solicitor in 2019 and moved back to the North East the following year to join the Court of Protection Department at Sintons
- Sophie supports professional deputies to manage compensation awards on behalf of individuals who have suffered life changing injuries
- She works closely with family members, case managers and care teams to implement bespoke care packages to help improve the quality of life of those who have suffered significant injuries
- Sophie also works with elderly clients who have lost capacity due to dementia or Alzheimer’s disease and is able to advise on matters including the availability of NHS Continuing Healthcare funding, Local Authority Deferred Payment Agreements, the appointment and removal of trustees and statutory will applications
- Sophie has an excellent understanding of the role of the Court of Protection and she is committed to making a difference to the lives of injured and vulnerable people
- Sophie’s work is supervised by a senior associate or partner within the Wills and Probate Team.
- The Wills, Trusts & Probate Team won Private Client Team of the Year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards and has been shortlisted for Private Client Team of the year in the Legal 500’s Northern Powerhouse Awards 2023
Outside of work Sophie enjoys reading and playing netball.
Sophie was described in the Legal 500 2022, 2023 & 2024 Guides as being a key lawyer. The guide also stated that “the Court of Protection team are quick, efficient and knowledgeable. They are extremely professional and able. Their client care is of a high level.” The 2023 Guide added “Sophie Moore is always extremely helpful and handles client matters very well.”
The 2024 Guide added “Sophie Moore is an incredible professional. She is knowledgeable, professional, personable and completely committed to acting in the best interests of her clients. It is a pleasure to work with Sophie.”
The Chambers & Partners 2024 Guide described Sophie as an ‘associate to watch’. The Guide added “Sophie consistently displays an excellent level of service, demonstrating an exceptional ability to understand and cater to clients’ needs.” “She is diligent and knowledgeable.” “Sophie is responsive and accessible.”
Key Practice Areas
- Court of Protection
- Personal Injury Trusts
- NHS Continuing Healthcare Funding