Sophie joined the Family team at Sintons in June 2021. She has five years experience working in Family Law in Cumbria and the North East.
Sophie offers a professional but friendly approach and is able to build a great rapport with clients. She understands that family law matters are personal and sensitive and ensures her clients feel comfortable to open up and discuss their current issues. Sophie supports her clients fully from the first appointment through to the conclusion of the matter and always strives for the best outcome for the family overall.
Sophie is a member of Resolution which is an organisation aimed at resolving issues in a constructive, non-confrontational way, making the process as amicable as possible. Sophie is a Resolution Accredited Specialist in private children law and advocacy in private children law matters.
- Sophie has a considerable amount of experience of dealing with divorce, finances, unmarried couple disputes, nuptial agreements, domestic violence issues and private children law matters
- She prides herself on building a strong rapport with clients so they can trust in her ability to be able to assist them with their family law issues
- Sophie offers a calm and collected approach and has the ability to explain family law procedures to her clients clearly and simply without legal jargon
- She frequently offers family law information and advice via articles, blogs, webinars, podcasts and social media
- Sophie is a member of the Junior Lawyers Division, Womens Lawyers Division, YRES committee and Newcastle Young Professionals Forum committee
Outside of work, Sophie enjoys hiking, skiing and exploring the great outdoors.
Key Practice Areas
- Children Matters
- Unmarried Couple Disputes
- Nuptial Agreements