Robert joined Sintons in 2018 as a solicitor specialising in Dispute Resolution.
He advises a broad spectrum of business and individual clients in relation to a range of civil disputes, including both commercial and property related disputes, at various stages of the dispute resolution and litigation process.
- Robert studied Law at the University of Durham and obtained a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from BPP Law School in Manchester;
- Before qualifying as a solicitor, Robert acquired several years of dispute resolution experience at law firms in his native North West;
- Robert assists with and advises in relation to a range of commercial disputes, including contractual disputes, professional negligence and defamation;
- He has a particular interest in intellectual property disputes and frequently deals with allegations of copyright infringement, trade mark infringement and passing off;
- Robert also has experience in disputes relating to property, such as dealing with trespassers, landlord and tenant disputes, boundary disputes and disputed rights of way;
- The dispute resolution team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Outside work Robert has a passion for rugby, having played for his home club of Preston Grasshoppers at various levels since 2001. He also enjoys SCUBA diving and is PADI qualified to Rescue Diver level.
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide ranked the Dispute Resolution team as ‘recognised practitioners’.
Key Practice Areas
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Defamation and Malicious Falsehood
- Commercial Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Property Disputes