Michael is a solicitor in the Personal and Family Department, advising on a wide range of private client matters.
- Michael studied law at the University of Sunderland and completed his LPC at the University of Northumbria. During her time at university, Michael was awarded the Ede & Ravenscroft Outstanding Achievement Award;
- Michael trained at a firm in Sunderland, before qualifying as a solicitor in early 2016;
- Michael specialises in the preparation of wills, trusts and lasting powers of attorney, as well as the administration of estates and inheritance tax planning;
- Michael is an Associate Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners;
- Michael is an Associate Member of Solicitors for the Elderly and a Dementia Friends Champion;
- The wills and probate team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
- Michael’s work is supervised by a senior associate or partner within the Wills and Probate Team
The Legal 500 2019 described the private client team as “professional at all times. All the staff are polite and pleasant, they are quick to respond to queries.”
The private client team won praise from the Legal 500 2017 being hailed as “excellent”. In the 2018 Guide the team was highly rated for its “professional efficient and friendly approach“.
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described the personal tax, trusts and probate team as being “highly professional and offering solid advice, clearly given, followed by efficient and timely preparation of the relevant documentation.”
The private client team was hailed as “pleasant, courteous and, from my experience, efficient.” in the Chambers UK 2020 Guide with another client saying “It’s an excellent service, overall, and I would not hesitate to use the firm again.”
Outside of work Michael enjoys spending time with his family.
Key Practice Areas
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Inheritance Tax Planning