Melissa is a paralegal in the Personal and Family Department, specialising in work for elderly and vulnerable clients.
- Melissa has worked in the legal profession since leaving school and joined Sintons from a leading national law firm;
- Melissa specialises in Court of Protection matters and has experience dealing with applications for the appointment of deputies, advising professional deputies and supporting vulnerable individuals with the management of their finances;
- Melissa has experience drafting and registering lasting powers of attorney;
- Melissa is a Dementia Friend and a member of CoPPA;
- The Wills, Trusts & Probate Team won Private Client Team of the Year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards and has been shortlisted for Private Client Team of the year in the Legal 500’s Northern Powerhouse Awards 2023.
Outside of work Melissa enjoys spending time with her family, travel and films.
The Legal 500 2022 described the private client team as being “…specialists in their field and this makes a big difference when dealing with important matters. They are responsive and attentive to client needs.”
The guide also stated ‘the Court of Protection team are quick, efficient and knowledgeable. They are extremely professional and able. Their client care is of a high level.”
The private client team was hailed as “pleasant, courteous and, from my experience, efficient” in the Chambers UK 2020 Guide with another client saying “It’s an excellent service, overall, and I would not hesitate to use the firm again.”
Key Practice Areas
- Court of Protection
- Lasting Powers of Attorney