Mark is a Partner and heads up our Real Estate department. He has extensive experience acting as lead lawyer for developers, investors and financial institutions on a wide range of complex transactions.
- Advising on large scale developments including those within the energy waste and natural resources sectors;
- Acting for residential developers in connection with land acquisition involving complex site assembly, joint venture arrangements, conditional contracts, options, pre-emptions development agreements and infrastructure agreements;
- Development agreements and easement arrangements in relation to industrial land development. Mark has particular expertise in connection with the complex land arrangements in the Tees Valley particularly with regard to land used for chemical and logistics purposes;
- Lead lawyer in relation to large investment portfolios and associated estate management.
Outside of work Mark likes to spend time with his family and enjoys sailing and other outdoor pursuits.
Mark was recommended by the Legal 500 2019.
Mark was recommended in the Legal 500 2018 with the real estate team being described as “strong, diligent and attentive” and one of the biggest and most capable in the region.
The Legal 500 2017 praised the real estate team for its ability to handle “the full gamut of real estate issues” and was ranked highly by Legal 500 for its work.
Mark was recommended by the Legal 500 2016.
He has been ranked highly and recognised as a notable practitioner in the Chambers UK Guides since 2017. One Guide said: “the approachable and likeable Mark Dobbin’s practice encompasses a range of matters including real estate finance transactions and development projects in the healthcare and energy sectors, among other areas.” Mark was also described as being “very thorough and diligent”.
In the 2019 Guide Mark was described as being “very methodical and thorough” and highly regarded for his extensive real estate finance practice. The Guide also commented that the “the work undertaken by the real estate team is always of a high standard and they’re very strong in their area of operation.”
The 2021 Guide stated “Mark’s strengths as a property lawyer are numerous. He is a particularly gifted negotiator and acts on behalf of his clients both effectively and in a manner that is amenable and entirely non-confrontational. He is a brilliant and highly effective problem solver.“
Key Practice Areas
- Real Estate
- Residential Development
- Energy, Renewables and Resources
- Secured Finance
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- Industrial Development