Louise is a Partner and Head of the Family Team at Sintons.
Since qualifying as a solicitor, Louise has gained experience of in all areas of family law and she tends to specialise in resolving complex financial matters upon divorce together with wealth protection.
Louise has the experience to deliver expert advice but also the personal touch to allow clients to feel instantly at ease. She has gained a stellar reputation both locally and nationally and as a result often represents high profile clients or those in the public eye.
Being conscious that family law often encompasses much more than the law itself, Louise and her team have forged strong links with other professionals who can support clients through their family matter, whatever that may be.
Further, Louise often calls upon her colleagues within Sintons who can assist in advising upon commercial or dispute resolution matters or issues with trusts or inheritance. She also works closely with the Serious Injury and Court of Protection teams offering crucial family legal advice to their clients.
Louise was pivotal in guiding the team to secure the Northern Law Awards accolade for best Family Team in the North East.
- She has a breadth of experience covering all aspects of family law, however regularly deals with cases in which there are co-mingling of matrimonial and non-matrimonial property or where the assets are tied up in a Company or Trust;
- Highly competent advocate. She realises that often clients require specific details to be brought to the attention of the Court which can sometimes become overlooked. To the unconnected person, the detail may seem irrelevant or unnecessary, but Louise has been praised by numerous clients for the support and representation she has provided at Court and the way that she has conveyed the case to the Judge;
- Trained in Collaborative Practice; the process aims to ensure the best outcome for the family overall by working together.
- Member of Resolution, the largest membership organisation for family justice professionals in England and Wales and given her expertise has secured the role as assessor for the organisation. The role involves considering whether other family lawyers should attain accreditation.
Outside of work Louise has two young children who occupy most of her time but also enjoys collecting vintage clothing and household items, much to her husband’s dismay.
Louise was listed as a key individual in the 2022 guide, where it stated “the members of the team that I have dealt with have all been attentive and sympathetic, while remaining realistic and very helpful.”
The Guide also said “Louise Masters has been a life-saver for me. My case had been dragging with some time-wasting from the other side and I was beginning to get very worried and very down about the process. Louise took over my case and immediately took charge. She listened to my concerns and within one meeting had seen the issues that were holding things up. She reassured me, took me through the processes that were needed to speed things up and filled me with confidence so that I knew the matter was going to get resolved. I came off the first call with her knowing that I was in safe hands. She has always been available if I have questions and has always responded promptly. Through the whole process Louise has been there to back me up and give me the advice that I need. I would have no hesitation in recommending her to anyone who needs help with a family matter. I was very low with stress caused by my situation and Louise’s caring but pragmatic approach helped me immensely. I will always be grateful to her for her caring professionalism.”
“Louise Masters is fantastic – I wish I could use her for all of my legal matters” – previous client
“Thank you for making our family happy” – previous client
“Your clients are lucky” – professional contact
Key Practice Areas
- Divorce and Civil Partnerships
- Pre-Nuptial, Post-Nuptial & Cohabitation Agreements
- Private Law Children Matters
- Serious Injury & Family Law