Keith qualified as a solicitor in January 1999. He is a partner and the Head of the Employment Team and is the lead in the management and delivery of HR and employment law advice at Sintons.
- He has 19 years PQE and widely recognised as an expert in his field, being ranked in Band 1 by Chambers and Partners and being described by one source as “by far the best employment law specialist I have worked with in my career
- He provides excellent advice, is incredibly knowledgeable, and solutions-orientated”
- Keith acts for clients in and out of the Employment Tribunal and within the public and private sectors, including the NHS, transport, retail, education, manufacturing and construction
- Within the Employment Tribunal Keith is an exceptional and highly experienced litigator with a great eye for detail and a natural ability to weigh up the strategic and cost considerations for clients and has represented hundreds of clients in the Tribunal
- He handles the most complex matters on behalf of clients and recent matters include:
- successfully defending multiple unfair dismissal claims following the transfer of health services between two NHS providers;
- defending a claim of unfair dismissal and disability discrimination arising from the dismissal of an employee by reason of his conduct and the guidance of employers through performance management matters &
- the successful defence of subsequent claims for disability discrimination arising from the actions taken
- Keith is also a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and is a school governor at secondary school in Stockton
Keith was recognised by Legal 500 2022 as a ‘Leading Individual’ where it was said “Keith Land is, quite frankly, the reason I am able to sleep every night. He is the epitome of kindness, professionalism and intellect within his field.”
Keith has been singled out for praise by The Legal 500 since 2017, who hail him as being “extremely knowledgeable and pragmatic”.
The Chambers UK 2021 & 2022 Guides described Keith as a ‘notable practitioner’ and commented that “he has a built a standout practice working with employers on the full spectrum of employment law.” Also “his ability to analyse a situation, evaluate it and advise on it delivers additional value to our business.”
The Guide also said “Keith provides excellent advice and is empathetic to the issues at hand.”
The Chambers UK 2020 Guide hailed Keith as a ‘notable practitioner’ and commented on his “wealth of technical knowledge and has used his expertise to help navigate us through difficult legalities.“
Key Practice Areas