Keith qualified as a solicitor in January 1999. He is a partner and the Head of the Employment Team and is the lead in the management and delivery of HR and employment law advice at Sintons.
- He has 19 years PQE and widely recognised as an expert in his field, being ranked in Band 1 by Chambers and Partners and being described by one source as “by far the best employment law specialist I have worked with in my career
- He provides excellent advice, is incredibly knowledgeable, and solutions-orientated”
- Keith acts for clients in and out of the Employment Tribunal and within the public and private sectors, including the NHS, transport, retail, education, manufacturing and construction
- Within the Employment Tribunal Keith is an exceptional and highly experienced litigator with a great eye for detail and a natural ability to weigh up the strategic and cost considerations for clients and has represented hundreds of clients in the Tribunal
- He handles the most complex matters on behalf of clients and recent matters include:
- successfully defending multiple unfair dismissal claims following the transfer of health services between two NHS providers;
- defending a claim of unfair dismissal and disability discrimination arising from the dismissal of an employee by reason of his conduct and the guidance of employers through performance management matters &
- the successful defence of subsequent claims for disability discrimination arising from the actions taken
- Keith is also a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and is a school governor at secondary school in Stockton
Keith was recognised by the Legal 500 2022, 2023 & 2024 Guides as a ‘Leading Individual’ where it was said “Keith Land is, quite frankly, the reason I am able to sleep every night. He is the epitome of kindness, professionalism and intellect within his field.” The 2023 Guide added “My main contact in the Sintons employment team is Keith Land. I couldn’t be more impressed by him. Over the years I have approached Keith for all kinds of employment advice and issues. As soon as I involve Keith in an issue, he puts me at ease and helps to reduce the stress of a situation. I have complete confidence in him and know that he will provide pragmatic, easy to understand advice. He is very responsive and attentive, and will work outside of office hours, and recently even on his holiday, in order to see an urgent case through to completion. I can’t recommend Keith highly enough”.
The 2024 Guide added “Keith Land has excellent experience and skill in the area which we required support. He was patient in explaining all the issues and possible outcomes and was always available to explain everything to us. He is also very engaging which made the relationship so much better.”
Keith has been singled out for praise by The Legal 500 since 2017, who hail him as being “extremely knowledgeable and pragmatic”.
The Chambers UK 2021, 2022, 2023 & 2024 Guides described Keith as a ‘notable practitioner’ and commented that “he has a built a standout practice working with employers on the full spectrum of employment law.” Also “his ability to analyse a situation, evaluate it and advise on it delivers additional value to our business.”
The 2024 Guide added “Keith is a superb lawyer with a pragmatic approach.” “Keith is there to support us with complex HR matters. Keith has always given great advice when required.” “Keith has been exceptional in giving support and guidance and ensuring we understand some at times complex legal issues.” “Keith has a pragmatic approach when giving guidance. He will give the legal background to his advice but will always then demonstrate how it applies to the situation we are dealing with. Keith always responds either the same day or the following day.”
The 2023 Guide said“We value Keith’s expertise highly.””He takes the time to get to know your organisation and provides you with an exemplary service.” “Keith is sensible and practical.”
The Guide also said “Keith provides excellent advice and is empathetic to the issues at hand.”
The Chambers UK 2020 Guide hailed Keith as a ‘notable practitioner’ and commented on his “wealth of technical knowledge and has used his expertise to help navigate us through difficult legalities.“
Key Practice Areas