Kate is a Senior Associate Solicitor who, since 2008, has specialised in acting on behalf of clients whom have sustained life-changing serious injuries. In particular, Kate has dedicated her career to bringing claims for compensation for clients (children and adults) who have suffered a brain injury and or/a spinal cord injury.
- Kate joined Sintons in July 2018 having worked for 10 years as a Solicitor within a national Serious Injury Team.
- At the earliest possible stage, it is Kate’s priority to secure interim payments for each client. This funding is sought to fund rehabilitation and to implement packages of care to improve the lives of her clients and their families.
- Each day, Kate works with individuals whose lives have been forever changed because of an injury they have sustained through no fault of their own. She provides those individuals with straight forward legal advice and seeks to obtain compensation to meet their significant needs. The purpose of such claims is to provide her client with financial security for the future.
- Kate works alongside a team of passionate lawyers who are dedicated to securing the best result for their clients and to give them every opportunity to improve their quality of lives post-injury.
- Kate is very proud to be described by her clients as being ‘willing to go the extra mile’, a ‘bare-knuckle fighter’ and someone not to be ‘underestimated’.
Kate was described by the Legal 500 2019 as a ‘rising star’.
The personal injury team won praise from the Legal 500 2018 being highlighted for their “first-class service” in the “very organised and highly professional” way they approach cases.
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide ranked Kate as a ‘notable practitioner’. She won acclaim from a number of sources, who enthuse: “Her knowledge, the way she applies it, and her innovative thinking are quite extraordinary.” Additional interviewees note that “she goes the extra mile and is very good with client care,” while others say that “she has an excellent tactical grasp of cases and details, inspiring confidence.” The Guide also described the personal injury team as being “flexible, responsive and modern in their outlook, and approachable, client-focused and always happy to go that extra mile.”
The Chambers UK 2020 Guide ranked Kate as an ‘associate to watch’ with comments being that she is “very experienced in brain injury mandates, very approachable and develops great relationships with clients.” In addition, according to one source, the “very proficient” Kate Nicklin is “very experienced in brain injury mandates, very approachable and develops great relationships with clients.”
The Chambers UK 2021 ranked Kate as a ‘star associate’ and said “Kate is excellent – knowledgeable, highly skilled and always puts the client first, going the extra mile to achieve the right outcome for them.”
When away from the office, Kate enjoys spending time with her friends and family (in particular her four nephews). Kate also enjoys cycling and has undertaken several charity bike rides including the Coast to Coast (Whitehaven to Tynemouth) and the fantastic Great North Bike Ride (Seahouses to Tynemouth). Kate has been involved in raising significant funds for local charities.
Kate has also held various trustee roles including with Headway Newcastle and North Tyneside, Headway Tyneside and Newcastle Citizens Advice Bureau.
Key Practice Areas
- Brain, Spinal Cord & Serious Injuries
- Difficult & Complex Personal Injury Claims
- Representing Seriously Injured Children