Jane Meikle is head of our Banking Team. Jane advises on all aspects of banking related matters, acting for banks, other financial institutions and corporate borrowers.
Her main practice areas include acquisition finance and real estate finance. Over a 16 year period, Jane has advised on a wide range of banking issues which allows her to identify any potential issues that can then be resolved in an efficient manner.
- Advising on bilateral and syndicated facilities;
- Advising a large property management company in relation to several multi-currency facilities of up to approximately £200 million in aggregate secured on numerous properties situated in England, Scotland and Germany;
- Acting on behalf of Converse Pharma Limited in relation to the groups £60m receivables finance facility provided by a syndicate of lenders;
- Advising Sandman Hotel Group on a large refinancing deal with AIB;
- Advising STR Enterprises in relation to a multi leisure site refinancing with HSBC Bank plc;
Acting on behalf of the Education Funding Agency in relation to schools converting to academies;
- Acting on behalf of public sector clients in relation to PFI facilities in relation to Building Schools for the Future, fire stations, hospitals and street lighting scheme;
- Advising both banks and borrowers on transactions in the education sector including the further and higher education sector and independent schools;
- The corporate and commercial team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Jane was listed as a next generation partner in the Legal 500 2022, 2023 & 2024 Guides, where it was said “Sintons is a firm that just gets on with it. They have acted for our residential property development company since formation in 2018, dealing with shareholder agreements, building contracts, company formation and related stuff along with the initial bank loan facility.” The 2023 Guide added “Jane Meikle is exceptionally hardworking, dedicated and consistently goes the “extra mile” to deliver an excellent service. She has detailed knowledge of our business and funding requirements and is always proactive in raising pertinent issues. Jane is a solutions driven lawyer with an excellent grasp of the detail who I highly recommend.”
The 2024 Guide added “Jane Meikle is an exceptional lawyer, who invests time to ensure that the client is clear on developments. Very approachable and nothing seems too much.”
The Legal 500 2021 Guide said “Jane Meikle is exceptional and feels very much like a part of our own banking team. Jane is patient, knowledgeable and driven.”
The Chambers UK 2021, 2022, 2023 & 2024 Guides described Jane as being a ‘recognised practitioner’ with “significant experience advising clients on real estate finance, refinancing and corporate finance”. Clients say she “cuts through complexity by keeping it simple. She also has consistently good speed of response and stakeholder management, and interacts well with other lawyers in the transaction.”
The 2024 Guide added “Jane is very strong technically, dedicated and hard-working, and I feel like she goes the extra mile to give us better service.” “Jane’s experience is invaluable. She identifies and addresses issues before the client is even aware of them.”
The 2023 Guide said “Jane is highly focused on customer service and project delivery. She is always available, quick to respond and often proactive in bringing matters to our intention.” “Jane is an excellent banking lawyer with a strong technical understanding. She has the added ability to explain technical issues in plain language.”
The 2022 Guide decsribed Jane as being “very straightforward, practical and easy to talk to.”
The 2020 Guide described Jane as ‘up and coming’, Jane was described as “excellent in terms of the service they’ve provided and the advice given.”
Outside of work Jane is a keen runner, having ran in several Great North Runs and other local runs.
Key Practice Areas
- Banking and Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Business Support and Restructuring
- Corporate Finance and Private Equity
- Mergers and Acquisitions