He joined Sintons in 2012 and is experienced in resolving large and complex commercial disputes.
Graeme Ritzema has more than 30 years’ experience in commercial litigation and dispute resolution, advising on and dealing with all manner of business and property disputes, large and small, acting for local and national businesses and public sector clients, including healthcare.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising on a commercial dispute relating to the protection of business assets involving interim injunction proceedings
- Advising on and pursuing claims arising out of business sale agreements
- Acting in a dispute between commercial property developers
- Advising on a contract for the provision of services to an NHS Trust and various disputes arising out of the contract
- Advising on and dealing with challenges to procurement processes
- Advising on and acting in litigation relating to mis-selling of financial products
- Advising on minority shareholder disputes
- Advising on and acting in contested lease renewal proceedings and dilapidations claims
- The dispute resolution team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Graeme was described in the Legal 500 2021 Guide…”I was confident that Graeme Ritzema would be able to understand our position and provide a quick, accurate and realistic summary of what our options for success (or otherwise) would be. Our communication was handled with a level of heightened competency, depth of knowledge, and tactically very well-played. Graeme guided us to select an appropriate mediator who was instrumental in facilitating the proposed settlement agreement. During the mediation process, Graeme was accurate, able to interpret rapidly changing information, and had the presence of mind to keep us aware of our own position.”
Graeme was described in the Legal 500 2016 as having “excellent contract and construction law litigation skills”.
Key Practice Areas
- Property Disputes
- Dispute Resolution
- Construction and Engineering