Emma is a Senior Associate in the Company and Commercial department. She has experience dealing with a spectrum of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, buyouts, private equity investments, solvent and insolvent reorganisations and corporate finance.
- Emma studied law at Newcastle University;
- Since qualifying as a solicitor in 2007, Emma has specialised in corporate finance work;
- Emma advises a range of clients from owner managed businesses to large corporate clients on mergers and acquisitions, disposals, MBOs, group reorganisations and restructures and joint ventures;
- Emma also has experience in corporate recovery and distressed business transactions;
- Emma’s clients value her ability to provide practical commercial advice and her professional and focused approach;
- The corporate and commercial team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
- Emma was described by the Legal 500 2017 & 2018 as being a ‘next generation lawyer’ for her potential in the corporate field and a ‘rising star’ in the 2019 edition
- The Legal 500 2020 Guide noted that Emma is known for dealing with “complex transactions”
- The Legal 500 2021 Guide listed Emma as a rising star, stating ‘Emma Pern is clear and concise in her approach, and extremely personable’
- In 2019 Emma acted on the:
- Sale of majority interest in Co-wheels Car Club to Oply UK Ltd to create European-wide Oply network;
- Sale of TDX (Europe) Limited to Italian-based AMB SPA;
- Acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Manor House Leisure Limited which operates Karting North East.
Outside of work Emma loves to travel.
Key Practice Areas
- Banking and Finance
- Corporate Finance and Private Equity
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business Support & Restructuring