Elizabeth is a Consultant Solicitor who has over 25 years experience working in family law.
Elizabeth joined Sintons in 2018 having spent her whole career working in the North East, most recently in Teesside.
- Elizabeth specialises in resolving issues that arise from the breakdown of all types of relationship to include divorce, separation agreements, dissolution of civil partnerships and issues that arise when a cohabiting relationship breaks down
- Elizabeth’s caseload mainly comprises complex financial issues but she has extensive experience in dealing with issues involving children that arise upon relationship breakdown
- Elizabeth can also advise on pre and post nuptial agreements
- Elizabeth has a calm and constructive approach and following many years experience of dealing with cases in the court process, she has come to the conclusion that the court forum is not always the best place to resolve family disputes.
- Elizabeth trained as a collaborative lawyer in 2008, and is passionate about trying to resolve family disputes at an early stage without recourse to litigation.
- Elizabeth recognises that every family is different and she will always promote what is best for a particular client and is aware that in some situations, there may be no alternative to court.
- The family team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Elizabeth is a member of Resolution and has been a member of the local committee of Resolution both in Newcastle and Teesside.
Previously she was a Board Member of Relate Northumberland and Tyneside, having served the maximum 10 year tenure.
She is an active member of the North East Group of Collaborative Lawyers.
The Legal 500 2023 Guide listed Elizabther as a key individual, where it was said “Elizabeth Gallagher was my solicitor and I found her to be kind, supportive, and understanding. She was always available when I wanted to speak to her and listened to my concerns. She responded quickly to my requests and had a very professional approach. Her expertise in the subject was second to none.”
Elizabeth was recommended by the Legal 500 2021 being described as “a highly competent litigator – she also undertakes a lot of dispute resolution work as a collaborative practitioner and as a solicitor supporting clients in mediation.”
Elizabeth was listed as a key individual in the 2022 guide, where it stated “the members of the team that I have dealt with have all been attentive and sympathetic, while remaining realistic and very helpful.”
Key Practice Areas