Chloe is a Senior Associate in the Corporate and Commercial department, specialising in healthcare matters. Chloe advises on commercial contracts in the public sector, acting for NHS bodies and other parties active in the health market.
She advises on commissioning contracts, sub-contracting arrangements, bid submissions, joint ventures and shared services projects seeking value for money for NHS organisations and greater collaboration between entities. Chloe has particular expertise of advising on governance issues for ventures proposed by NHS organisations and the approval processes involved.
In addition, she advises GPs and dentists on partnership matters and re-organisations. With the advent of Primary Care Networks, Chloe advises PCN members on contracting and sub-contracting arrangements in respect of the Directed Enhanced Services and the mandatory Network Agreement.
- Advising an NHS Foundation Trust on a collaboration agreement and contracting arrangements with 3 other NHS Trusts in connection with their successful bid to be a Genomic Laboratory Hub (GLH) procured by NHS England for the provision of genomic testing services through a single national testing network of 7 GLHs;
- Advising an NHS Foundation Trust on an Alliance Agreement with another NHSFT, a GP Federation and a private care provider in relation to the provision of Urgent Care Services;
- Advising an NHSFT (as provider) in relation to its contract with a local authority for the provision of public health services as well as in relation to its sub-contracting arrangements with a charity;
- Advising a US healthcare company on a concession agreement procured by an NHS Foundation Trust for the provision of proton beam therapy services to treat private cancer patients;
- Advising numerous NHS Foundation Trusts on the establishment of a wholly owned subsidiary and the outsourcing of various non-clinical services to the subsidiary;
- Advising the GP Practice members of 5 Primary Care Networks (on behalf of a GP Federation) on each PCNs Network Agreement and contracting arrangements;
- Advising the GP Practice members of a Primary Care Network on the sub-contracting by certain practices of the extended hours element of the Directed Enhanced Services to a GP Federation and on the provisions of the PCN’s mandatory Network Agreement;
- Advising a GP company on its sub-contracting arrangements in relation to various GP mergers.
In her spare time, Chloe enjoys beach walks and kundalini yoga.
Chloe was recommended by the Legal 500 2019.
In the Chambers UK 2021 Guide, Chloe was identified as an Associate to Watch. In addition, one client said: “She is a very knowledgeable lawyer who has great insights.”
The corporate and commercial team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Key Practice Areas
- Commercial Contracts
- Public Sector
- Primary Care Networks