- Catherine advises employers operating within a wide range of sectors in relation to day-to-day and contentious employment law matters;
- She regularly advises on employment law and HR matters, including disciplinary and grievance issues, poor performance, holiday entitlement, family rights and sick leave;
- She represents employers and employees in relation to a variety of claims before the Employment Tribunal, including pregnancy and maternity discrimination, disability discrimination and unfair dismissal, as well as pre-claim negotiations and settlements;
- Catherine provides specialist advice to GPs and dentists within the primary healthcare sector. She has extensive experience of working with the firm’s corporate and healthcare teams, advising on the TUPE implications of business acquisitions and disposals, particularly within the dental industry, as well as advising GP practices on mergers and other employment issues;
- As well as advising clients, she also frequently delivers seminars and bespoke training on a range of employment law topics, and regularly writes on topical issues.
Outside of work Catherine enjoys spending time outdoors with her family, and cycling.
The Legal 500 2023 Guide listed Catherine as a key individual, where it was said “The level of customer service I receive from Catherine Hope is excellent particularly the quick responses to my queries regardless of the time of day and I am kept up to date with the timescales of her dealings with our matters. To know I can rely on an immediate response is reassuring in a fast paced business environment”.
The Legal 500 2022 Guide stated “Sintons provide an invaluable employment service to my business. With over 200 members of staff in a highly regulated industry, I could not achieve the results I do without their input. Sintons are able to look at each situation and plan accordingly.”
The Chambers UK 2022 Guide described the employment team as offering “very sensible, robust advice that comes with a practical edge. A client added: “they took the time to understand our business and its ethos, and individually tailored the service to what we required.”
The employment team were praised in the Chambers UK 2020 Guide as “committed to providing excellent client service.” A client noted that they were “particularly impressed with the way they seek to understand the underlying ethos of the business first, thereby providing advice and support tailored to meet the needs and demands of the business.”
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described the Employment team as providing a “dependable, friendly service that’s always willing to go the extra mile in difficult situations.” A client noted: “Their advice has always been timely. They’re very pragmatic as well, and give detailed advice.”
“Exceptionally knowledgeable, extremely approachable and provides valuable advice.”
“Catherine has been my go to employment lawyer for over 6 years now. I feel I am in safe hands with her exceptionally prompt and thought through advice. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her for employment advice.”
“Catherine’s approach is to listen, assimilate what she hears and then provide a simple summary of the issue. Her steady and understated assessment of all situations we throw at her has been handled so well we have felt reassured at every step. Her advice and guidance has enabled us to implement new policies and guidelines around employment documentation and procedures.”
Key Practice Areas
- Business Immigration