Catherine qualified as a Solicitor in December 2003. She joined the Real Estate team at Sintons in January 2016, having previously worked for ten years at a Newcastle based Top 100 law firm, including over five years spent as their Head of Estate Set Up, Plot Sales and Infrastructure.
She specialises in residential development and her responsibilities include acting for developers in site acquisitions and associated planning and infrastructure agreements and supervising Sintons’ plot sales team.
Catherine also acts for ground rent investment companies in the purchase of ground rent investments and for both landlords and tenants in leasehold enfranchisement.
- Extensive experience of dealing with complex estate set up exercises including a £265 million redevelopment scheme for a public-private sector partnership comprising 1,800 new homes with a district heating system;
- Acting for residential developers and landowners on the sale and purchase of land for development through conditional contracts, option and promotion agreements and drafting and negotiating planning agreements;
- Carrying out and supervising the completion of infrastructure agreements for both residential and commercial developers;
- Acting for regional and national housebuilders on ground rent sales and for investors on purchases including dealing with the sale of a £20 million ground rent portfolio comprising 72 sites;
- Dealing with management scheme set up, management agreements and the completion of open space transfers to Local Authorities and professional managing agents;
- Residential conveyancing including part exchange transactions and re-sales;
- Acting for a leading residential landlord in connection with leasehold enfranchisement matters including advising on lease extensions for flats and houses and enfranchisement claims.
Outside of work Catherine enjoys walking her dogs, spending time with family and travelling.
Catherine was recommended in the Legal 500 2018, being hailed as “excellent… she will always find a solution.“
Key Practice Areas
- Real Estate
- Development – Residential Schemes & Plot Sales
- Landlord and Tenant
- Residential Conveyancing