Angela joined Sinton’s Employment Team in 2019 as an Associate with over 13 years’ experience across the public sector and a variety of private sector bodies including manufacturing, healthcare, haulage, retail, leisure, beverage and hospitality.
Angela is also an experienced and proficient Advocate representing both Employers and Employees in and out of the Employment Tribunal; this gives her the ability to see a case clearly from both strategic standpoints.
She has been a Director at the Newcastle Citizens Advice Bureau for a number of years and continues to provide advice and support in her role as the chair of the Human Resources committee. She is also a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and sits on the steering committee.
- Angela undertakes contentious and non-contentious work in all areas of employment law;
- She represents client’s in Judicial Mediation’s and all types of Hearing’s before the Employment Tribunal;
- She provides advice on standard and complex HR matters and supports Employer’s through disciplinary and grievance processes, TUPE transfers, Redundancies and Restructures;
- She drafts and advises on settlement agreements on behalf of Employer’s and Employee’s;
- She undertakes internal investigations on behalf of Employers;
- She provides bespoke training to client’s on employment matters and regularly speaks at events and seminars;
Angela is a qualified cycle coach and volunteers her time with British cycling. She also enjoys musical theatre, conspiracy novels and spending time with her young family.
The employment team won praise from the Legal 500 2019 as they “genuinely want to get to know the client and tailor their service to its needs.”
The employment team were praised in the Chambers UK 2020 Guide as “committed to providing excellent client service.” A client noted that they were “particularly impressed with the way they seek to understand the underlying ethos of the business first, thereby providing advice and support tailored to meet the needs and demands of the business.“
Key Practice Areas
- HR Support
- Corporate Support
- Healthcare/ NHS