Alastair is a Senior Associate in the neurotrauma team at Sintons. Qualifying as a solicitor in 2002, Alastair has over 18 years’ experience in acting for and supporting clients across the UK who have suffered injuries through accidents on the road and in the workplace.
He has worked at some of the leading personal injury firms across the UK and has a track record of securing excellent outcomes for his clients and for working hard to support his clients and their families to receive fair and proper compensation.
Alastair is well known throughout the brain injury and spinal cord injury community within the North East and Cumbria for his support and advocacy for those who have suffered neurotrauma.
- Over 18 years’ experience of acting for claimants who have suffered personal injuries in road traffic accidents, workplace accidents, public liability claims, civil assaults and fatal accidents
- Extensive experience of acting for clients across the UK who have suffered serious brain and spinal injuries
- Specific focus on rehabilitation for all clients and setting up specialist multi-disciplinary teams to assist his clients with their recoveries
- Regularly instructed to take over serious injury cases from other law firms
- Proven track records of securing significant sums in compensation for seriously injured clients, with over £3m of compensation recovered for clients in the last 12 months
- APIL accredited Senior Litigator
- Vice Chair of Headway Darlington & District and recognised across the North East as a leading advocate for those suffering Acquired Brain Injuries and Spinal Cord Injuries.
Away from work I have three children who keep me very busy in my spare time! I enjoy spending time with my family in and around the beautiful coastline and countryside of Northumberland and taking part in outdoor activities in the Lake District.
The personal injury team won praise from the Legal 500 2022 being highlighted for being “really hardworking, efficient and first rate. They go the extra mile and nothing is too much trouble. The client comes first.”
In the Chambers UK 2020 Guide the personal injury team was described as “very approachable, easy to communicate with and supportive.” A source highlighted the team’s “considered and knowledgeable approach to clients with complex and individual needs.”
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described the personal injury team as being “flexible, responsive and modern in their outlook, and approachable, client-focused and always happy to go that extra mile.”
“Alastair Elliot was fantastic from the start of this case all the way through. He kept me informed from throughout the two years and didn’t contact me unnecessarily meaning I was free to concentrate on my recovery. He was approachable and friendly, making him easy to talk to and trust. He and his team were all extremely professional making my life very straightforward and simple. During Covid-19 they continued to support very well and work in a professional manner from home.”
“My partner was involved in a collision whilst riding his bike. I can totally recommend Alastair…thank you so much for all of your help from the first point of contact to his settlement.”
Key Practice Areas
- Personal Injury