Adrian is a Partner and Head of the Corporate department. Adrian advises a range of clients from owner managed businesses to large corporate clients on corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals, management buy outs and other corporate finance transactions.
Adrian advises both investors and investee companies on a range of private equity transactions and fund raising.
Adrian also advises clients on restructuring and has experience in corporate recovery and distressed business transactions.
Some of Adrian’s recent transaction experience includes:
- Acting on the demerger and subsequent disposal of a children’s residential care business comprising 42 care homes and 3 schools to a private equity buyer;
- Acting for a manufacturer of electric motors on its equity investment by VC, trade and private investors;
- Advising the North East England Chamber of Commerce on the disposal of its training business to Middlesbrough College;
- Advising an operator of hotels and golf courses on its national acquisition programme;
- Advising several university spin out companies on all aspects of their spin out and investment;
- Acting on the management buy out of Homefair Blinds;
- Lead advisor to a recycling business on a series of private equity and bank fund raising rounds raising a total of in excess of £25m.
Adrian has specialist sector experience acting on corporate transactions in the following sectors in particular:
- Veterinary – Adrian has acted on the disposal of several high profile veterinary practices in the North East and nationally;
- Retail Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical wholesale – Adrian has significant experience acting on the acquisition and disposal of retail pharmacies and wholesalers;
- Care – Adrian has significant experience acting for clients operating elderly and specialist care homes, domiciliary care providers and residential and care services for children;
- Energy, Resources & Renewables sector – Adrian has acted on a number of high-profile transactions particularly in the recycling and waste management sectors.
Outside of work Adrian is a keen road cyclist, golfer and plays hockey for Morpeth HC.
The Legal 500 2022, 2023 & 2024 Guides listed Adrian as a leading individual, stating “every single team member and every brief Sintons undertake is of the highest quality. They are a unique practice which delivers above and beyond my expectations.”
Adrian was recommended by the Legal 500 2017, 2018, & 2019 and was ranked highly and recognised as being a notable practitioner in the Chambers UK Guides since 2017.
The Chambers UK 2024 Guide described Adrian as “the legal work for our transaction was led by Adrian Dye and assisted by Sophie Townes. Both were extremely knowledgeable and professional. Sophie handled most of our face-to-face transaction and communication and expertise was excellent.”
It also added “Adrian is very knowledgeable in his field of expertise.” “Adrian was very clear and professional, from start to finish.” “Really easy to deal with and a pleasure to work with.” “Adrian provides the business with superb professional advice; it’s a pleasure to work with him.” “Adrian reacts quickly to requests for things to be done in a sensible manner.”
The Chambers UK 2023 Guide described Adrian as being “good at explaining nebulous concepts in a friendly, approachable manner. He is commercial and pragmatic, able to think about the opportunities for his clients.” “Adrian is a valued partner to our company.”
The Chambers UK 2022 Guide described Adrian as having a “good depth of knowledge and provides good pragmatic and commercial advice” and “he is a really sensible guy that gets involved in a deal and gets the job done.”
The Chambers UK 2020 Guide described Adrian as “a very good lawyer who is well established with a sophisticated client base in the region.”
The Chambers UK 2019 Guide described Adrian as “going above and beyond for his clients.” The Guide also described the Corporate team as having “Excellent service levels. They are very responsive and commercially minded.”
The corporate and commercial team won team of the year at the 2019 Northern Law Awards.
Key Practice Areas
- Corporate Finance and Private Equity
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business Support and Restructuring
- Leisure Services
- Energy, Renewables and Resources