Sintons praised for excellence across the board by Legal 500 2018
Law firm Sintons has again been hailed by Legal 500 as one of the leading law firms in the North of England, winning praise for its strength and expertise throughout the firm and national presence in many areas.
The firm, which acts for clients across the UK from its base in Newcastle, has been recommended in practice areas across the business, with Legal 500 2018 naming seven of its lawyers as leading individuals in the North, with three others being named as future generation lawyers.
Sintons, renowned for its unrivalled partner-led legal advice coupled with bespoke personal client service, maintains its top-tier rankings in:
- Healthcare, with the team hailed as “attentive, professional and thorough” in their dealings with clients including NHS Trusts, GPs, dentists and other healthcare organisations
- Licensing, where its “deep expertise” and strong relationships are hailed as being key in the firm’s instructions on major projects
- Insurance Litigation, for its “personal and professional service” to major insurers across the UK
- Personal Injury, with its “first class service” and “depth of expertise” winning praise.
Other departments throughout the firm – including dispute resolution, debt, banking, employment, rural, charities, wills and probate, family, construction and real estate – were also rated highly by Legal 500.
The seven lawyers hailed as being among the leading names in the North of England are:
- John Davis, Consultant, Neurotrauma
- Phil Davison, Head of Personal Injury
- Amanda Maskery, Head of NHS Healthcare
- Jamie McCabe, Head of Insurance Litigation
- Paul Nickalls, Head of Wills and Probate
- Karen Simms, Head of Corporate and Commercial
- Sarah Smith, Head of Licensing
Sintons is also judged to have three of the ‘next generation lawyers’ for their outstanding work and further potential:
- Lucy Cook, Senior Associate, Corporate and Commercial
- James Fisher, Senior Associate, Insurance Litigation
- Emma Pern, Senior Associate, Corporate and Commercial
Mark Quigley, managing partner of Sintons, said: “For over 120 years, we have been regarded in the highest terms for the quality of our legal advice coupled with an outstanding personal service, and we are delighted this has again been recognised by Legal 500, which provides an independent assessment of the legal landscape in the North of England. To be praised for our work throughout the firm is an excellent and well-deserved endorsement of the efforts of our team.
“Our vision is to set the standard for legal excellence, and in doing so, to be the law firm of choice for individuals, businesses and organisations across the UK. This is underpinned by the recruitment and retention of outstanding legal talent, and we have made a number of strategic new appointments in the recent past, which we are confident will help support the continued growth and development of the firm.