We are mindful of the impact which the operation of our business has on the environment, and of our responsibility to minimise such impact. Our aim is to operate in such a way as to minimise that impact and we are committed, wherever possible, to operating our business in a sustainable manner.
In this crucial Decade of Action, we want to ensure that we are a force for good: positively transforming society and the planet by measuring our own impact on the environment.
We are committed, as a business, to achieving net zero status by 2040 – 10 years ahead of the Government’s proposed 2050 deadline.
Our approach to sustainability is based on the following principles:
- Consider the environmental impact of all our activities
- Include the consideration of environmental impact in all decision making
- Minimise the environmental impact of our activities whilst retaining commercial effectiveness
- Engage positively with employees to continually improve performance in this regard
- Inform and promote our policy with suppliers, clients and those with whom we work
The principles of our approach mirrors the framework set out in ISO 14001 which are as follows:
We are furthering our sustainability commitment by becoming Planet Mark certified, through measuring and reducing our carbon footprint.
Planet Mark is an internationally recognised sustainability certification for every type of organisation, for real estate and for products. A Planet Mark certification recognises continuous improvement, encourages action and builds an empowered community of like-minded individuals who make a world of difference.
It will be an exciting journey as we work towards reducing our carbon emissions, and we want to share this journey with our community to encourage others to join us.
Through our work with Planet Mark, not only are we looking at our own sustainability but we are also:
- protecting an area of endangered rainforest thanks to Cool Earth; a charity working alongside rainforest communities to halt deforestation. Our pledge through Cool Earth goes directly towards supporting the Asháninka community in Central Peru; and
- helping the Eden Project – an educational charity building connections with each other and the living world, exploring how we can work together towards a better future.
Everyone that we work with has an important role in our sustainability commitments, and Planet Mark will help to embed sustainability in our business culture so that we can make continual progress and achieve net zero status.
We look forward to sharing our sustainability achievements with the wider community. We encourage you to get in touch if you have any questions, suggestions or would like to get involved.