Pricing – Immigration
Application for Student Visa
Our Immigration practice is predominantly concerned with assisting businesses. However, we do assist prospective students with their visa applications. Please find details of the skills and expertise of the fee earners who are involved in providing advise in relation to student visa applications here.
This type of work is usually undertaken on a fixed fee basis. All figures exclude VAT unless specifically stated. The current rate of VAT is 20% but this may vary.
The price will vary depending on the level of assistance required in accordance with each of the three options below:
- Option 1 – review of visa application already completed by applicant = £500
- Option 2 – guided completion of application = £750
- Option 3 – application undertaken by legal representative = £1,000
Depending on the option chosen, the work will involve:
- advising you on the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria;
- if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how
- considering the supporting evidence you have provided
- where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence
- preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf
- giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take
The fixed fees set out above are based on: you having collated the appropriate information and documentation and providing it to us; documents being in English or translations being provided. If documents need to be translated, or are missing, the fees could be increased to represent the additional work we may have to do but, in accordance with our professional obligations in relation to fees, we will not incur any additional work without first agreeing that work and the additional cost with you.
Disbursements (not included in costs set out above):
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as interpreters fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- interpreters fees which can range from £52 (plus VAT) per translation for an ISO accredited translator
The costs quoted here do not include:
- any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process. Current fees can be found on the UKVI website
- where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. The current processing times can be found here.
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within 2 weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note the fees set out above are fixed according to the facts and assumptions above. If your application does not meet aspects of the facts and assumptions which we have made, then the fees may vary. Further, if the UKVI raises questions or requires further investigation in connection with an application which has already been submitted on your behalf, then we reserve the right to make additional charges for any further assistance provided to you. This would be on the basis of our hourly rates:
|All others (including trainee solicitors)||£150|
However, in relation to our professional obligations in relation to fees, we will notify you in the event that anything alters the fees set out above and we will not undertake any additional work without first agreeing that work and the additional cost with you.