Mergers & Acquisitions
Clients involved in buying, selling or merging companies or businesses value the clear, practical and commercially focused advice provided by our team of corporate lawyers.
With an ability to simplify the meaning of often confusing documentation and cut through the complexities surrounding these transactions, we aim to achieve our clients’ goals quickly and effectively.
Fundamental to the way we work is a recognition that we are part of a team with our clients and work closely with them to ensure both a timely and successful completion to any transaction.
If you would like any further information or to discuss any related matter, please contact us.
How we can help you:
Efficient and approachable at all times, we deliver a service which recognises the fact that each transaction is both unique and significant to our clients. Our team of 14 lawyers handles an increasingly high value and complex range of deals.
We have access to a wide range of in house specialists to advise on the different aspects of mergers and acquisitions including employment, litigation, commercial and intellectual property law. Through our membership of International Jurists, we are also able to advise on cross border transactions in a way which provides our clients with a single point of contact, and ensures that our clients receive the same service as if the work had been carried out by us within the UK.
Recent areas of work undertaken in this area include:
1. Advising a UK holding company on the disposal of its sub-group based in mainland Europe by way of competitive process. Transaction carried out in conjunction with International Jurists’ partners
2. Acting for, on a competitive basis, the multi million pound share sale of a substantial garden centre business including all associated land transactions
3. The disposal of the entire issued share capital of Techdrill Limited to National Oilwell Varco, a US based world leader in the offshore supply field. This involved acting for multiple shareholders and considering issues across multiple jurisdictions. The consideration is confidential but very significant
4. The disposal of process and business manufacturing efficiency software, Datawright
5. We currently have mandates for two separate clients in respect of the disposal of their businesses for consideration in excess of £40 million in each case