GDPR Health Check
It is nearly a year since our GDPR seminar at St James Park and I hope that you found it useful when implementing your internal compliance programme.
Businesses are increasingly dealing with large volumes of personal data and, it is important to demonstrate that you keep personal data safe, protected against cyber attacks and understand your obligations when a data breach occurs. Enforcement action from the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) can damage your brand and result in compensation claims from those people on whom you hold personal data.
One year on, and we are seeing the results on industry and action taken by the ICO. At Sintons, we thought that this would be a good time to offer our Health Check service on your data processing activities to see if you are in good shape where GDPR is concerned.
What will we do?
As part of this service, we will:
- Identify the personal data held by your company;
- Map data flows to third parties and identify any international transfers;
- Review your privacy notice to ensure it reflects your data processing activities and continues to be GDPR compliant;
- Consider your marketing activities to align with data protection and PECR (Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations);
- Check that your processes are in place to deal with data breaches;
- Detect any data processing agreements that you are required to have with third parties; and
- Provide you with a report detailing action you need to take to comply with data protection legislation.
What will this service cost?
Our Health Check service will depend upon the size of your business and the extent to which you process personal data.