Senior Lawyer – Dispute Resolution
We are a full-service law firm based in Newcastle upon Tyne serving clients throughout the UK and further afield. We have an outstanding reputation for delivering high quality partner-led advice with exceptional personal service.
With over 150 employees, including 32 partners and over 90 lawyers, we are one of the largest law firms in the North East. Our client base includes large companies, owner managed businesses, healthcare professionals, leisure operators and rural businesses.
With a history stretching back over 125 years, we recognise the importance of the contribution that businesses like ours should and can have on the local community and we, therefore, encourage our partners and employees to get involved and give back to the local community in which we live and work.
Our vision is to set the standard for legal excellence and in doing so, to become the law firm of choice for businesses, organisations and individuals. To meet our vision and deliver an outstanding service, we employ individuals who understand our clients’ needs, take pride in what they do and how they do it. Our values go to the heart of the firm and define who we are and how we work. It is by remaining true to our values that we will achieve our vision:
- Teamwork – we trust and respect one another. We see strength in our diversity as individuals and as a practice. We achieve the best outcomes for clients when we work collaboratively, recognizing and respecting the different perspectives that we bring.
- Excellent Client Service – We take the time to truly understand our clients’ needs and aim to provide practical, tailored and commercial solutions – not just options – to help them achieve their goals. Through hard work and commitment, we aim to develop long-term relationships with all our clients, taking pride in the value that we add.
- Professionalism – We work to the highest professional and technical standards, acting with the utmost integrity at all times. We are fiercely proud of our reputation as being a trusted adviser to our clients, often over several generations, and continually strive to ensure that our clients’ interests come first and foremost.
- Our People – We work together to create an open, supportive and friendly working environment where our people feel valued, can develop their careers and achieve their professional ambitions.
If this sounds like a vision you would like to be a part of, our values resonate with your own personal values, and you meet the requirements of the role described, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please read on!
Our Dispute Resolution department is currently going through an exciting period of growth as we expand our areas of specialisms as well as our geographical reach. The legal team is currently made up of 4 partners and 7 fee earners with expertise in a number of specialisms.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Lawyer to join our successful team with general litigation experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Property litigation;
- Commercial litigation;
- Insolvency litigation;
- Intellectual property litigation.
Examples of our work include:
- Commercial contract disputes;
- Director duties;
- Shareholder dispute including unfair prejudice petitions and derivative claims;
- Property litigation including dilapidation claims, procession proceedings, land registration disputes, and contested lease renewals;
- Contentious probate including will disputes, administration disputes and proprietary estoppel claims;
- Specialist tax dispute advice and advocacy services before the First Tier Tax Tribunal such a VAT disputes; and
- Intellectual property disputes including design rights, copyright, passing off and trade marks.
The ideal candidate will be looking for an opportunity to play a key role in the growth and development of the Dispute Resolution department, will enjoy working as part of a team and supervising and developing others.
This position would suit a legal professional with at least 10 years’ PQE with rounded academic qualifications and solid litigation experience gained at a Legal 500 firm. However, we are happy to consider applications from candidates who can demonstrate the experience needed to perform the role.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical knowledge, the ability to build strong client relationships, proven business development skills, a keen commercial awareness and a proven track record in generating work.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience;
- Comprehensive benefits package;
- Hybrid working;
- Opportunity to work within a highly regarded and growing team; and
- Potential opportunity for career progression.
Please send your CV with a covering letter, including current salary, to Anna MacKenzie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If any potential candidate would like to have a confidential conversation about this opportunity before applying, please telephone Anna MacKenzie on 0191 226 3696.