Paralegal – Commercial Real Estate
We are a full-service law firm based in Newcastle upon Tyne serving clients throughout the UK and further afield. We have an outstanding reputation for delivering high quality partner-led advice with exceptional personal service.
Our team includes 37 partners, 100 fee-earners and 40 people in support roles. Our client base includes large companies, owner managed businesses, healthcare professionals, leisure operators and rural businesses.
With a history stretching back over 125 years, we recognise the importance the contribution that businesses like ours should and can have on the local community and we, therefore, encourage our partners and employees to get involved and give back to the local community in which we live and work.
Our vision is to set the standard for legal excellence and in doing so, to become the law firm of choice for businesses, organisations and individuals. To meet our vision and deliver an outstanding service we employ individuals who understand our clients’ needs, take pride in what they do and how they do it. Our values go to the heart of the firm. They define who we are and how we work. It is by remaining true to our values that we will achieve our vision. This is what we value most:
- Teamwork – we trust and respect one another. We see strength in our diversity as individuals and as a practice. We achieve the best outcomes for clients when we work collaboratively, recognizing and respecting the different perspectives that we bring.
- Excellent Client Service – We take the time to truly understand our clients’ needs and aim to provide practical, tailored and commercial solutions – not just options – to help them achieve their goals. Through hard work and commitment, we aim to develop long-term relationships with all our clients, taking pride in the value that we add.
- Professionalism – We work to the highest professional and technical standards, acting with the utmost integrity at all times. We are fiercely proud of our reputation as being a trusted adviser to our clients, often over several generations, and continually strive to ensure that our clients’ interests come first and foremost.
- Our People – We work together to create an open, supportive and friendly working environment where our people feel valued, can develop their careers and achieve their professional ambitions.
If this sounds like a vision you would like to be a part of, our values resonate with your own personal values, and you meet the requirements of the role described, we’d be delighted to hear from you. Please read on!
We require a full-time Paralegal to join our dynamic Commercial Real Estate department assisting the team with a range of transactions and administration tasks across a variety of sectors including portfolios, landlord and tenant work, investment transactional work, real estate development and general commercial property work.
This Paralegal position involves:
- Liaising closely with fee-earners on a daily basis providing efficient and effective Paralegal support.
- Dealing with file opening/closing and assisting with compliance matters and engagement documents.
- Assisting the team with WIP and other financial management tasks, and with the management of data and other KPI information. .
- Arranging and (where required) attending client and internal meetings to assist with administration tasks.
- Assisting Partners with departmental tasks relating to compliance, audits and other matters.
- Assisting Partners and Senior Fee earners with the administration of business development initiatives.
- Document production including preparing and amending transactional documents, completion statements and invoices for approval, collating and assisting with the production of pre-completion transactional reports to clients and signing versions of documents.
- Working with the team on key property transactions in respect of collating and managing property due diligence information, including working with online platforms for data/document sharing, tracking deadlines for the team and liaising with Partners to assist with those being met.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional organisation and IT skills with the ability to prioritise and follow clear instructions. As a key member of the team they will be a pro-active thinker and problem solver with an ability to contribute to the team and its success. Excellent communication skills are essential as is an keen attention to detail.
Ideally the candidate will have some experience of dealing with residential or commercial property transactions.
Please send your CV with a covering letter including your current salary to Helen Kean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date: Friday 23 February 2024
Please see an overview of our benefits package via the following link on our website: Sintons Employment Benefits Package.