Conveyancing Fee Earner
We are a full-service law firm based in Newcastle upon Tyne serving clients throughout the UK and further afield. We have an outstanding reputation for delivering high quality partner-led advice with exceptional personal service.
Our team includes 32 partners, 90 fee-earners and 40 people in support roles. Our client base includes large companies, owner managed businesses, healthcare professionals, leisure operators and rural businesses.
With a history stretching back over 125 years, we recognise the importance the contribution that businesses like ours should and can have on the local community and we, therefore, encourage our partners and employees to get involved and give back to the local community in which we live and work.
Our vision is to set the standard for legal excellence and in doing so, to become the law firm of choice for businesses, organisations and individuals. To meet our vision and deliver an outstanding service we employ individuals who understand our clients’ needs, take pride in what they do and how they do it. Our values go to the heart of the firm. They define who we are and how we work. It is by remaining true to our values that we will achieve our vision. This is what we value most:
- Teamwork – we trust and respect one another. We see strength in our diversity as individuals and as a practice. We achieve the best outcomes for clients when we work collaboratively, recognizing and respecting the different perspectives that we bring.
- Excellent Client Service – We take the time to truly understand our clients’ needs and aim to provide practical, tailored and commercial solutions – not just options – to help them achieve their goals. Through hard work and commitment, we aim to develop long-term relationships with all our clients, taking pride in the value that we add.
- Professionalism – We work to the highest professional and technical standards, acting with the utmost integrity at all times. We are fiercely proud of our reputation as being a trusted adviser to our clients, often over several generations, and continually strive to ensure that our clients’ interests come first and foremost.
- Our People – We work together to create an open, supportive and friendly working environment where our people feel valued, can develop their careers and achieve their professional ambitions.
If this sounds like a vision you would like to be a part of, our values resonate with your own personal values, and you meet the requirements of the role described, we’d be delighted to hear from you. Please read on!
We are looking to recruit a Paralegal/Legal Executive/Solicitor to join our growing Residential Conveyancing Team. This role is a full time position and consideration will be given to individuals who have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in running a caseload of all types of residential property transactions. Day to day you will be dealing with clients, managing your own caseload and supporting the head of the Conveyancing Team.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Advice and guidance to clients (by email, telephone or in face to face meetings) on all aspects of the conveyancing process
- Liaising with estate agents, mortgage lenders, Land Registry and third party solicitors
- Drafting and amending all documentation supporting the conveyancing transaction, including advice notes, letters and other post completion and registration documents
- Adhering to any agreed client service standards
- Contributing to business development initiatives
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to prioritise, cope under pressure and work to strict deadlines. Good communication and IT skills are essential as is managing expectations across a wide range of competing needs. Attention to detail, a good work ethic, a willingness to cover a variety of tasks and work outside core hours on occasion if necessary. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send your CV with a covering letter including your current salary to Anna MacKenzie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or upload below.