Associate/Senior Associate – Real Estate
We are a full-service law firm based in Newcastle upon Tyne serving clients throughout the UK and further afield. We have an outstanding reputation for delivering high quality partner-led advice with exceptional personal service.
Our team includes 32 partners, 90 fee-earners and 40 people in support roles. Our client base includes large companies, owner managed businesses, healthcare professionals, leisure operators and rural businesses.
With a history stretching back over 125 years, we recognise the importance the contribution that businesses like ours should and can have on the local community and we, therefore, encourage our partners and employees to get involved and give back to the local community in which we live and work.
Our vision is to set the standard for legal excellence and in doing so, to become the law firm of choice for businesses, organisations and individuals. To meet our vision and deliver an outstanding service we employ individuals who understand our clients’ needs, take pride in what they do and how they do it. Our values go to the heart of the firm. They define who we are and how we work. It is by remaining true to our values that we will achieve our vision. This is what we value most:
- Teamwork – we trust and respect one another. We see strength in our diversity as individuals and as a practice. We achieve the best outcomes for clients when we work collaboratively, recognizing and respecting the different perspectives that we bring.
- Excellent Client Service – We take the time to truly understand our clients’ needs and aim to provide practical, tailored and commercial solutions – not just options – to help them achieve their goals. Through hard work and commitment, we aim to develop long-term relationships with all our clients, taking pride in the value that we add.
- Professionalism – We work to the highest professional and technical standards, acting with the utmost integrity at all times. We are fiercely proud of our reputation as being a trusted adviser to our clients, often over several generations, and continually strive to ensure that our clients’ interests come first and foremost.
- Our People – We work together to create an open, supportive and friendly working environment where our people feel valued, can develop their careers and achieve their professional ambitions.
If this sounds like a vision you would like to be a part of, our values resonate with your own personal values, and you meet the requirements of the role described, we’d be delighted to hear from you. Please read on!
Our Real Estate team
Sintons has a strong and experienced Real Estate team acting for a large number of significant and sophisticated developers and investors. We are looking to enhance and grow our development team through the appointment of an experienced individual.
The team is one of the largest Real Estate teams in the region with 7 partners supported by senior associates, associates, solicitors and paralegals.
The role and requirements
We are looking for an associate or senior associate to join the team with experience of acting for developers in residential/commercial developments.
The successful candidate should also have experience of:
- Managing and negotiating site acquisition and development through conditional agreements, options, promotion agreements, sub-sales and forward funding arrangements;
- Dealing with complex title structures and easements;
- Drafting and negotiating multiple forms of overage/clawback arrangements; and
- Drafting and negotiating planning agreements and other statutory agreements.
Experience of acting for investors would also be an advantage.
Should a candidate not have the required experience but has extensive knowledge of other areas of Real Estate and can demonstrate a desire and capability to manage complex work, then training will be provided to support their ongoing development.
A competitive salary is available, along with a firm bonus scheme. Please see an overview of our benefits package via the following link on our website: Sintons Employment Benefits Package. This role also attracts enhanced matched pension contributions and free parking. Opportunities are also available for career progression. Hybrid working is fully implemented and supported in the firm.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to Anna MacKenzie (email@example.com).