0-3 Years PQE Solicitor – Court of Protection
We are a full-service law firm based in Newcastle upon Tyne serving clients throughout the UK and further afield. We have an outstanding reputation for delivering high quality partner-led advice with exceptional personal service.
Our firm includes 32 partners, 90 fee-earners and 40 people in support roles. Our client base includes large companies, owner managed businesses, healthcare professionals, leisure operators and rural businesses.
With a history stretching back over 125 years, we recognise the importance the contribution that businesses like ours should and can have on the local community and we, therefore, encourage our partners and employees to get involved and give back to the local community in which we live and work.
Our vision is to set the standard for legal excellence and in doing so, to become the law firm of choice for businesses, organisations and individuals. To meet our vision and deliver an outstanding service we employ individuals who understand our clients’ needs, take pride in what they do and how they do it. Our values go to the heart of the firm. They define who we are and how we work. It is by remaining true to our values that we will achieve our vision. This is what we value most:
- Teamwork – we trust and respect one another. We see strength in our diversity as individuals and as a practice. We achieve the best outcomes for clients when we work collaboratively, recognizing and respecting the different perspectives that we bring.
- Excellent Client Service – We take the time to truly understand our clients’ needs and aim to provide practical, tailored and commercial solutions – not just options – to help them achieve their goals. Through hard work and commitment, we aim to develop long-term relationships with all our clients, taking pride in the value that we add.
- Professionalism – We work to the highest professional and technical standards, acting with the utmost integrity at all times. We are fiercely proud of our reputation as being a trusted adviser to our clients, often over several generations, and continually strive to ensure that our clients’ interests come first and foremost.
- Our People – We work together to create an open, supportive and friendly working environment where our people feel valued, can develop their careers and achieve their professional ambitions.
If this sounds like a vision you would like to be a part of, our values resonate with your own personal values, and you meet the requirements of the role described, we’d be delighted to hear from you. Please read on!
0-3 Years PQE Solicitor – Court of Protection
We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated, highly organised, enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our growing Court of Protection Team. We are seeking a lawyer with 0-3 years PQE, ideally with experience in Court of Protection matters. Newly qualified solicitors, who are interested in a specialising in Court of Protection, will be considered.
Of particular interest would be someone who has experience of working on cases involving individuals with acquired brain injuries. In this role, the successful candidate would be working closely with the firm’s professional deputies, Neurotrauma and Personal Injury Department, clients and their close friends and family, alongside therapists and other professional advisors.
We are looking for someone who will implement our comprehensive marketing strategy.
The role will include the following, but additional tasks may be appropriate:
- Drafting applications to the Court of Protection
- Advising families regarding lay deputyship applications
- Drafting witness statements
- Working with brain injured and vulnerable adults and children
- Purchasing properties and overseeing the adaptation of them to meet clients’ needs
- Working collaboratively within large multi-disciplinary teams consisting of doctors, case managers, therapists, and architects
- Creating detailed budgets, cashflow management and forecasting and accurate record keeping
- Seeking and implementing independent financial advice
The ideal candidate will be highly organised and have the ability to multitask and work independently. Ideally, they should have experience of professional deputyship work; however this is not essential. For newly qualified applicants, seats in either Court of Protection, Private Client, or Serious Injury departments is preferable.
Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential, as well as good attention to detail and research skills. They will have a methodical and proactive approach to challenges, as well as the ability to work effectively under pressure.
Please send your CV with a covering letter, including your current salary, to Anna MacKenzie (email@example.com) or upload below.