We are a full service law firm based in North East England serving clients throughout the UK and further afield. Established in 1896, we have an outstanding reputation for being approachable, trustworthy and providing practical, pragmatic and robust advice.
With over 170 people including 29 partners and over 120 lawyers, we are one of the largest law firms in the region and pride ourselves on providing our clients with the highest quality, partner-led legal advice and exceptional personal service. ‘A stalwart player in the North which regularly attracts national clients to its office in Newcastle‘ (Legal 500).
Our people make us unique and play a huge part in maintaining our distinctive culture. As one of the first law firms in the North East to receive the Investors In People status, we provide a working environment geared totally towards providing first class levels of client service. Visit our people section to find out more about our staff.
With a history stretching back over 120 years, we have a significant affinity with the North East and the communities within which we work. We are immensely proud of the proportion of work that comes from existing clients or personal recommendations, which is a testimony to the service and value we have provided to generations of businesses and families over the years.
The firm has recently gained the Lexcel accreditation, becoming one of few law firms to secure it at the first time of being assessed. Sintons won praise for its robust standards and commitment to client care.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Programme is critical to our success and is borne out by the significant amount of time we invest in our CSR activities and the money we donate to good causes. We encourage everyone to participate in our CSR programme with our staff selecting their charity of choice on an annual basis.
Keeping our clients informed of matters relevant to them is important to us. In a world in which laws, legislation and policies change faster than ever before, we keep our clients informed in a variety of ways. Whether it is through seminars, hospitality or networking events, or through press releases or direct mail, we believe it is important to provide the updates that our clients require. Visit our news section for our latest releases. If you would like to receive our latest news, events and information, sign up to our mailing list below.
- RT @SintonsReg: Associate @RamshawSheila from our Regulatory team @SintonsLaw recently recorded a podcast surrounding Furlough Fra...
Tweeted 3 days ago
- RT @emelie_vardon: A stark warning to anyone seeking to rely on a forged will which could prove costly and carries the risk of cri...
Tweeted 3 days ago
- RT @Sintonspc: Our latest article from Contentious Probate specialist @Saunders_Emma1 looks at 'Forged wills' https://t.co/SydmD3u...
Tweeted 4 days ago
- In the first of our 'Meet the Team' series, we feature Partner and Head of Licensing Sarah Smith.… https://t.co/qgVdrIKWC6...
Tweeted 6 days ago
- RT @SintonsCOP: Sintons’ Court of Protection team thrives despite global pandemic https://t.co/zoEiKXxtAt @SophieRob30 @1Sophie_...
Tweeted 7 days ago
- RT @SintonsReg: ‘Falling Foul of Furlough Fraud’? https://t.co/5W1yLgNGta @SintonsLaw @YorkSintons @SintonsCoCo #Furlough #Reg...
Tweeted 10 days ago
Sintons podcast – Furlough Fraud
Sheila Ramshaw, Associate from the Regulatory team at Sintons recently recorded a podcast surrounding Furlough Fraud. Please click on the play button below to listen.
Forged or fraudulent wills are an issue in the contentious probate world. A forged will is often signed in the testator’s name without their knowledge or consent and presented as […]
Ongoing investment positions Sintons strongly
Law firm Sintons shows confidence in its future with continued investment in its infrastructure and people. The firm’s latest accounts show turnover reached £17m for the 14 month period to […]